Friday, July 13, 2012

Time Turns to the Mundane


July 13, 2012

Asha left yesterday evening on the train back to New Delhi.  We had accomplished all we had set out to do in the last nine days.  Now, it is a sit-back-and-wait while the process unfolds.

So I woke up early and decided it was time to do some laundry.  Fairly simple intuitive process: fill the bucket with laundry detergent and water, throw in dirty clothes, step in and stomp around.  Now, I’m not really sure how the locals do it, but to me, it was kind of akin to stomping grapes.  Every once in a while, I put in a good twist just to simulate the action of a top load washing machine.  Rinse until water runs fairly clean, wring out and hang to dry.  When hanging to dry, it’s important to keep in mind that “Victoria’s Secret” can’t be share with the world, so I had to string a  separate line in the bathroom for “Victoria”  (Besides not want them to be seen, I didin’t want them to be pinched – sometimes the most expensive piece of clothing I have on is the smallest…).  The rest of washed clothing is hauled up to the roof top and hung out in the hot, humid air to dry – hopefully a process that will be completed before the afternoon monsoon rains hit. 

I would love to be uploading photos in this blog and else where, but at this point, the internet café where I have to go to get any internet connection of any kind at all, doesn’t handle uploading photos very well.  It just doesn’t do it.  

No comments:

Real Time Web Analytics