Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My Internet Cafe

I'm missing going to the internet cafe.  It was becoming my "hang-out" and as with any hang out,  you start to look forward to seeing the people that you know there - you kinda feel like walking into "Cheers" where everybody knows your name - it was nice to feel connected.  The students from Brigham Young University where always there, and the guys who worked there didn't even need me to check in - I just headed back to the only open station, the only station there not occupied by a computer and monitor, and plugged my MacBook in and just like that, I was connected to the world.  It was at the very end of the cafe and so I had to pass everybody else as I walked through the narrow room.  I always got the biggest kick out of all the holy men, the Hare Krishna group dressed in orange robes; they were always bent over their keyboards checking out their Facebook Timelines; in fact a full 90% of the people in the cafe at any given time are on Facebook!  Ahhhhh, it's so nice to belong!

2 comments:

WWG1WAG said...

I'm sure it's not often that a red head goes waltzing through their cafe.. (and when I say waltz.. I can see you now). Hugs XO

Unknown said...

I do enjoy it! It's nice being older and not worrying about people thinking I'm weird or something for busting out in dance! Did you see my spontaneous dance at the Taj Mahal? They all though I must be some famous Hollywood movie star or something because they lined up to get their picture taken with me at the Taj! Haha!! OMG!! I love it!! What a life!!!

Real Time Web Analytics