Thursday, July 12, 2012

Mission (in the process of) Accomplished


Since my arrival in India on July 4 – nine days ago – I have been able to set in motion the objectives I was sent here to do, all with the help and support of my good friend Asha James.  One of the objectives was to try to work her into a managerial position here in India for the White Rainbow Project, which I am so happy to say, she has accepted!

Together, she and I were able to secure local sourcing of fabrics and manufacturing for our various lines of White Rainbow Collection.

We worked with an accountant to initiate the establishment of an Indian based company counter part to the White Rainbow Project   Right now the proposals are all in the hands of White Rainbow Project’s headquarters in California.  I’m waiting to hear from them on which direction we will take: NGO (Non-governmental Organization) several types, all akin to USA tax exempt 501(3)c, or a Private Limited corporation.  Once the decision is made, I will be here to handle the flurry of paper work that will fly back and forth.  Until then, I can relax from that task for a little bit.

We also were able to locate what I think is the perfect house/vocational center, and are in the initial process of renting that building.  I wish I could upload pictures of the house, it is going to be perfect for our needs: one front office; 4 large bedrooms with attached baths, a large kitchen, huge foyer and balconies around the front.  It also has a 20 x 20 ft. finished basement and huge finished  (white marble tile) roof top; fully walled and gated front entrance, brand new building, all on the main road in Vrindavan and right next to a large government widow’s ashram.  Since we a foreign company looking to rent, well, there’s just a ton of paperwork and bureaucracy that has to be attended to before we can take over the rent.  Headquarters in California have the initial proposal and I am now waiting for paperwork from them to get the ball rolling.

Since I have a little free time, I’ve had the chance to do some laundry, catch-up on my expense reports, study some Hindi, visit the internet cafe and go shopping at the local vegetable markets.

No comments:

Real Time Web Analytics